Cheap Aeroflot - Russian Airlines Flights (SU)


Aeroflot Russian Airlines is Russia's national airline. It is based in Moscow at the Sheremetyevo Airport.

Established in 1923, Aeroflot is one of the oldest airline companies in the world. It was founded by the decree of the Soviet government. In 1993 Aeroflot was registered as open joint-stock company and preserved legal rights for the trademark "Aeroflot" which is one of the best known Russian brands in the world.

In our days the company employs more than 14,000 staff and operates 302 flights a day to 93 destinations in 47 countries with a fleet of 81 aircraft. With its subsidiaries, Aeroflot carried an estimated 9 million passengers during 2006, accounting for 23% of the domestic market, making it Russia's largest airline.

In 2006 net profits rose by around 36% to US$258.1 million and revenues were up 18% to US$3 billion. Aeroflot is traded on the Moscow Stock Exchange and the Russian Government owns 51% of Aeroflot. Legal entities and individuals own the remaining 49%.

Aeroflot operates two subsidiaries – Aeroflot-Don (Rostov-on-Don) and Aeroflot-Nord (Arkhangelsk), and is in the process of acquiring additional airlines in the Far East of Russia. The company is listed among the 25 world's leading airlines according to the financial indices. In 2006, Aeroflot became the first Russian air company to join a global airline alliance when it became a member of SkyTeam. Aeroflot provides its customers with access to SkyTeam's extensive network which now includes 791 destinations in 162 countries. Passengers also enjoy frequent flyer benefits, redeemable on any SkyTeam flight.

The Aeroflot Bonus frequent flyer program is designed to help you gain travel awards and upgrades by giving you a wide variety of ways to accrue mileage. You can earn miles by flying SkyTeam and partner airlines, and through participating hotels and car rental agencies.

General information

News Source:
Latest News
Baggage Info:

Aeroflot - Russian Airlines Flights and Other Cheap Airlines:

My Trip

My Password Reset

To reset your password, please enter your email address below. An email containing further instructions will be immediately sent to the email address associated with your account.

To top